What is IPL?
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is a tool developed by the laser. Produced by a non-laser beam release. The wavelength range from 500 to 1,200 nm can be used to solve many skin problems. The use of beam refinement to solve the problem is a filter (Filter). Is a light wave filter in the rage of desire, by using the power of light absorption principle of different skin components (selective photothermolysis) such as Hemoglobin in blood or Melanin in pigment when the goal is to absorb light energy, it will heat there will be changes as needed. There are filters that filter light at the desired wavelength range such as
Wavelength in 530 nm: Is a treatment of freckles and capillaries, abnormal growth on the upper surface including dark spots on the face.
Wavelengths in 560 nm: Is an acne treatment Facial skin, pores, freckles and freckles in deep layers. Bring the skin to brighten up.
Wavelengths in the 640 nm range: Is to solve pore problems, wide pores, hair removal or unwanted beard also the skin tighten.
Wavelength in 690 nm: This will helps to tighten the face, neck and chest, and also solve the problem of deep hole as well.
Recovery the skin with IPL each time, the doctor may choose a combination of wavelengths, as appropriate and according to the skin of the individual to restore the skin.
IPL will help for which problem?
- Acne Scar
- Oily face
- Acne Vulgaris
- Black spots
- Vascular Birthmarks
- Acne scar
- Hair removal underarms, shins and mustaches
Have to do IPL for how many time?
In order to perform will be a shot. If around the face there will be about 100-200 shots, depending on patient’s face. If the face is wide, there will be more shots and will lead to high cost. For each time it will takes around 15-30 minutes in every 2-3 weeks. The doctor will diagnose after perform the IPL after 1-2 times. Patients will be able to see the results after 4-5 times and more noticeable changes. Nowadays, technology has changed the handpiece or head tip is use to shoot IPL and in each time the shooting will be larger.
In case of the same skin problem, the results of the IPL are different, partly due to the experience and expertise of the surgeon. Therefore, have to choose the light to match with the problem and our skin to see the results clearly. It also depends on the quality of the machine but there also depend on other factors such as each body's recovery is not the same or the surface of hereditary origin from different races.
What to know before IPL
- The disadvantage of IPL is might lead to skin sensitive, therefore patient have avoid the sunlight and apply sunblock every day in order to protect the skin.
- Must keep doing and will see the result, the price per each time is not high but before you will the actual result the cost will be quite high then you expecting.
- For people that have dark skin must be more be careful, choose the right surgeon and specialized in this. Therefore, if choose the wrong wavelength it’s might lead to create a darker skin. Especially if you come back from the beach you have to stop doing it because it will make your skin darker or burn.
- For people who are sensitive to the light, easily to have keloid should not do this technique.
- Pregnant women should not do.